[macvoiceover] Re: Safari, VO and Controls that behave strangely

  • From: Michael Babcock <mbabcock06@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 09:16:33 -0900

I've seen this also with a few other controls. Only thing i've noticed is that these are controls wraped in "mouse over" tags. For i get this issue when trying to submit changes in freepbx and what not.

hth
mike

On Feb 7, 2009, at 5:19 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

This is really a feature request and may not belong here but I don't know where to send such notions.

The problem: I use www.emusic.com for most of my digital music downloads. They are straight mp3 files with a 384 bps rate and they have an incredible library of classical and jazz recordings (as well as other items that do not make the cut on the popularity list to be included in some of the other stores). Emusic has never had copy protection and the site works reasonably well with most screen readers.

One oddity on emusic, though, is that some buttons must be activated with the ENTER key. So, pressing SPACE does nothing, VO+SPACE also does nothing but ENTER gets things flowing again.

I would like to suggest that VO, which should have access to the keystroke that a control wants should announce it when the keystroke is not one that fits the generic model for kb operation. I don't know how many pathologic controls are out there but pressing SPACE and sitting patiently hearing silence is fairly aggravating.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

Michael Babcock
GW Hosting, Your Dedicated Home On The Web
Phone: +1-888-272-3555, ext 4121
email: michael.babcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
administrative e-mail: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
url: http://gwhosting.net