[macvoiceover] Re: Safari Busy signal!

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 07:42:58 -0400

This is expected with 2gb of ram. I don't know why folk with low end processors and 2gb of ram seem to get better performance with a monitor when the monitor has nothing whatsoever to do with performance. If it does, maybe adjusting the display settings will improve your lot.

On Oct 20, 2009, at 5:37 AM, Pauls Lists wrote:

Hi, I already have a monitor plugged in and no difference.

Paul.

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:44:18 -0400
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

yes, you need more ram.

On Oct 19, 2009, at 11:37 AM, Pauls Lists wrote:

Hi David and all,

I just purchased my Mac Mini. It I was told is the latest model and has 2GB memory. It had snow leopard installed, so I was ready for a really great experience. I went to Safari andam sadly disappointed as I have been able to get nowhere with the “safaris busy” signal. Its just terrible to work with. If I just press a key the signal pops up. I have tried Davids work-around of unloading voice over and reloading but still nothing works. All other areas of my mac mini so far seem fine but I was so looking forward to using Safari and really after spending almost a thousand euros on it I can’t afford to upgrade anymore. I checked to see if there were any software updates which might make a difference but I was told my system has the latest updates.

Paul.