[macvoiceover] Running Linux in VMWare Fusion and the caps lock key

  • From: Robin Kipp <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:59:09 +0100

Hi all!
Well, I've installed Debian Squeeze on my Mac using VMWare Fusion, and also got
the Gnome desktop and Orca screenreader. However, as my keyboard doesn't have a
number pad, I will need the caps lock key to activate Orca specific functions.
I've tried this, but it somehow seems as if the caps lock key won't have any
effect on the Linux machine. Instead, the caps lock function just gets enabled
or disabled on my Mac. Is there anything I can do so my Mac will ignore the
caps lock presses and just pass them on to the Linux virtual machine?
Thanks!
Robin>