[macvoiceover] Re: Restoring a Mac

  • From: Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:06:05 -0700

Yep that's what I thought. snl foes not have an erase option so I think travis
there must have leopard not snl I think.

Take care all.
On Mar 23, 2011, at 9:45 AM, ashley wrote:

> depends what your installing though; leopard has erase and install, whereas
> snowleopard doesn't.
> ash
>
> Website:
> http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
> Twitter:
> http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
> Blog160:
> http://www.blog160.com
>

> On 22/03/2011 21:46, Travis Siegel wrote:
>> All correct, but the other option is just to tell the installer to install
>> new, (or whatever they call it) not preserving user accounts and
>> information.  That will accomplish the same thing, and you won't have to
>> perform the extra step of erasing the disk yourself.
>>

>> On Mar 22, 2011, at 12:08 PM, ashley wrote:
>>
>>> Here's the basics:
>>> 1. insert the mac OSX install dvd.
>>> 2. restart holding down the letter C when you here the chime, keep it down
>>> till the cd reads and starts working
>>> 3. After 2-3 minutes, you should be able to launch VO with cmd F5.
>>> 4. press enter to select english on the language screen
>>> 5. In the installer, go into the menu bar, over to utilities, and select
>>> disk utility
>>> 6. In disk utility, find ht etable of disks and select the mac harddrive,
>>> selecting the first level (will say something like, for example, 120GB
>>> WD...)
>>> 7. Navigate and select the erase tab.
>>> 8. Select "security options" near the bottom of the window, select your
>>> option in there.
>>> 9. Make sure the format is mac OS extended journaled, and click erase.
>>> Depending on your security option, it could take some time.
>>> 10. quit disk utility, and proceed through the installer as normal.
>>> 11. when the mac restarts, you will here the welcome video. If you don't
>>> want to setup an account for the person you're selling it too, press cmd+Q
>>> and then click the shutdown button to shut it down. you can use vo for this
>>> part. The next time it's booted, the welcome video will play again and the
>>> user can create the account as normal
>>>
>>> HTH!
>>>
>>> Website:
>>> http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
>>> Twitter:
>>> http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
>>> Blog160:
>>> http://www.blog160.com

>>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface
>>> at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface
>> at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Sarah Alawami

If you  need an edit  done on a small project go to
http://music.marrie.org/master.html for more info. If you need to contact me my
info is below.

MSN and AIM: marrie12@xxxxxxxxx

website: http://music.marrie.org