[macvoiceover] Researcher looking for iPhone users

  • From: Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:21:59 -0800

Hi All;

the below is from a researcher looking for interested volunteers.

Smiles,

Cara :)

Hello, iPhone users.

I am looking for volunteers who have used an iPhone for at least 6
months, to participate in a short telephone interview in regard to
their iPhone experiences.  This interview is in support of ongoing
research funded by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

My current interest in doing interviews with people who are using
iPhones is the result of our work on the Cellphone Best Practices
project with the Department of Veterans Affairs.  In earlier work, we
evaluated 14 phones.  We learned during this research, that the
touchscreen phones can offer access, and the iPhone in particular has
done far better than any of the traditionally designed cellphones at
affording full access.

We completed the first year of the project, and are now in our second
year.  We are now taking the data from the first evaluations, and
developing an evaluation system for best practices in utilizing a
touchscreen phone.  Our initial evaluations had people using cellphones
provided to them for a 3 week interval.  We learned much, but we
realize we also want data from people who have used the iPhone for 6
months or more.  We want to know more about the long term iPhone
experience, in order to include that data into our study.   I have been
asked to conduct short interviews with persons who are blind, and using
iPhones for more than 6 months, in order to gain further insights into
those long term experiences, and develop action statements that will
address needs perceived by long term iPhone users, and not just those
using the iPhone for short periods of time. The results will be used to
engineer the interface of a touchscreen phone for evaluation, in order
to determine "best practices" in designing an interface for persons who
are blind.

If you are interested in volunteering for an interview about your
personal iPhone experiences, please do email me directly at:

GaryWKelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I will write you back so that we can establish a good time for the
interview, which takes typically, 15-30 minutes. Thank you in advance
for considering this volunteer opportunity.

Gary W. Kelly
New Frontiers, Inc.
A 501(c)3 non profit organization.
---