[macvoiceover] Report One: There's gold in toolbars

  • From: Sara <push649@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 16:59:24 -0600

Hi all!
This is Sara writing from the Mac. smile
I shut down Windows yesterday to do some maintenance such as updating, backing up, and that sort of stuff. Guess what? I never rebooted the VM.
I have been using the Mac since early yesterday and am still alive. lol
There are one or two websites that are absolutely not working with VO but those use flash so I guess no go. I wonder does VO have a way of marking an area on the screen so I can put my mouse there and click in the same spot? The flash buttons I need to click are always in the same spot. Now about toolbars. If you get to a program and you want to find the most important functions of that program, try interacting with the toolbar usually near the zoom and close buttons. You can press VO right and left arrows to move around through the buttons once you have interacted with the toolbar. It works 99% of the time but I have seen a few programs where the toolbars just contain unlabeled stuff but mostly you get obvious stuff for example, after I type this message I will go to the toolbar for the send button.
Well, I am going to keep these reports short so that's it for this one.
Sara