[macvoiceover] Replacing Software Versions on MacBook, and Question about Mac Software Development

  • From: Ray Campbell <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:44:47 +0000

Hello All:

I've got a couple of questions.  First, I'm consulting on a project that
requires me to test access to certain web pages using a Mac.  One of the things
we want to do is to test out some of these pages using an older version of
Safari than is on the MacBook Pro I'm using running Snow Leopard.  I have the
disk image and install package for Safari Version 2.x.  When I try to install
it over what's already there, it doesn't work.  When I go into the applications
folder to try deleting the existing Safari so I can install one of these older
versions, I'm presented with a dialog asking for a password.  While I'm working
to get the password (the MacBook isn't mine so since I didn't set it up someone
obviously knows the password), I'm wondering if there is a way I can have more
than one version of Safari running on the same Mac?

Secondly, I am thinking about taking a class on software development for the
Mac platform.  What tools are used to develop software on the Mac and are they
accessible with VoiceOver?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Adaptive Technology Help Desk Technician
The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312.997.3651 (Voice/Relay) or 888.825.0080 (Voice/Relay)
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.chicagolighthouse.org

it is addressed and may contain confidential and privileged material.
Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you
receive this material/information in error, please contact the sender and
destroy the material/information.