[macvoiceover] Re: Redundant VO announcements

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:00:06 -0400

Mark,

I think I understand and I did have this kind of problem, but, it has been some time back.

The first thing I did was to set the system voice to something other than alex.

The next thing is, in the verbosity setings, where it says, "when screen atributes change", set the button to do nothing.

Now if you have already done this, you mite need to give one of us a call.

My office is,
812-466-4899

Keith Reedy

On Mar 27, 2009, at 10:53 AM, Mark Baxter wrote:

I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding. System speech is not speaking the alert, VO is. However, in some windows like Ichat, system speech is used to read the incoming messages. Often when VO says, "Ichat has a new window," or similar such announcement, it interrupts the peaking of chat messages. Plus, most other apps play a sound when they want attention, and I don't need both VO and the sound, it's redundant. I'm trying to get VO to stop telling me when activity happens in a window I'm not focused on.

Mark BurningHawk

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page: