[macvoiceover] Re: Recommendations on which Mac to get if I want one.

  • From: Richie Gardenhire <rhire1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:32:51 -0900

Since I got my adapter last August, I have never had to plug a monitor into it, and I watch a lot of movies on it which, any more, that is what I use my Mac Mini for at home. I do take it with me on trips and I bought some small, but very good, speakers with which to take with me and it works very well. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Jan 30, 2010, at 4:17 PM, <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Daniel,

You got it wrong. You can use a Mac Mini without a display, as was mentioned in earlier posts. This was also mentioned this past week on ACB Radio's Main Menu program. It comes with an adapter, which you plug into the monitor port, and this fools the machine into thinking there's a monitor there when there isn't. When I get my Mac Mini in a few days I won't be hooking up a monitor to it most of the time; it comes with an adapter, which I can just plug into the port. It isn't a big deal. The new Mac Minis can hold up to 4 meg of memory and a very fast processor. So they are very powerful machines. They're not laptops, but they're desktop machines only about 6.5 inches square and 2 inches high.

Mary