[macvoiceover] Re: Really stupid question, but...

  • From: Mike's Western Account <mbabcock06@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 05:26:36 -0800

outspoken doesn't work on 10.5 or 10.4 i think it has something to do with a different file format, though i honestly would love to here a demo mp3 of outspoken.

mike
On Jul 22, 2008, at 2:54 AM, Chris Gilland wrote:

I know th answer to this already, most likely, but I can't resist asking.

Actually, I have two questions.

Firstly, Being that really in all truth, under the hood, the Mac OS is in deed Unix, If I go to a terminal, how likely is it, I could install the Debian package I bought of T T Synth, for Linux, register it, then, use that with voice over. I know you need

libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 or someting to that effect, don't have the library name up in front a me. It's basicly an older c++ library, but, being that that synth was built around the Unix platform, etc. I just wonder if it could in theory, be done.

The other thing I wonder is, if I wanted to play with an old copy a out spoken, could I install it, and shut off voice over for a temporary time, and see how it worked, or would I really need an older Mac for that. No, I really don't wanna switch to outspoken, God no. Im not that stupid, I'd just outta curiousity like to see it in action. Even if there were an mp3 somewhere a wsomeone using it.

Chris.