[macvoiceover] Re: Quick Nav Keys

  • From: Richie Gardenhire <rhire1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:03:17 -0900

As I understand, this feature is only available in Snow Leopard. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Feb 18, 2010, at 12:35 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Quicknav is a feature that allows you to use voiceover for navigating screens without using anything other than the arrow keys. You can activate and deactivate quicknav by pressing the left and right arrows together. Generally, the left and right arrows will behave as if you were pressing them along with the vo keys (control+ +option). You can activate an item (as if you were pressing vo space on it) by pressing the up and down arrows together. The left or right arrows pressed with the up arrow will change the item of the web roter that's in use, and when in a website, for example, you can use the up and down arrows to browse through headings, form controls or whatever is selected on the roter. Finally, you can use the right and down arrows together to interact with items, and the left and down arrows together to stop interacting.
On Feb 18, 2010, at 1:45 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:

Hi Paul, Quick Nav keys are designed so that when you are using them you are using one hand. (the arrow keys) So with that in mind you are not using the VO keys (control - Options keys) unfortunatly I don't know the commands for quick Nav. But I am sure someone on hear will tell you what they are. But I hope I gave you a defanition of what the quick nav keys are for.