[macvoiceover] Re: Programming Tools under Leopard with VoiceOver

  • From: Samuel Proulx <samuel.proulx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:40:37 -0500

I'll have to get back to you on that one. The only thing I've used xcode for thus far is compiling fink (www.finkproject.org) from source, not doing any actual dev work. Now, thanks to fink, I have a linux-like environment, and I'll probably use that for most of my dev work, especially since most of what I do is website backend stuff, and what I mostly plan on doing is using the mac as a local testing environment. I've given myself until Saturday to get used to OSX, before I start doing any real work with the system. I'm just joyriding until then. Amusingly enough, my major-in progress is journalism, not computer science; it's a long story.

On 12-Dec-07, at 7:27 PM, Rich Caloggero wrote:

Samuel Proulx writes:
well as install xcode and fink to get all the linux tools I'm used to
from my server administration. I've also got google talk and skype ...
Hi Samuel. Just curious how you find xCode and developing/ programming on the mac with VoiceOver in general. Frankly, I have not looked at Leopard's xCode with VoiceOver yet, but my experience with dev tools under Tiger was not good. I still say a text editor and command line compiler seems to be the only way to program on mac with VoiceOver.
Would be very interested in your comments when you have time...

-- Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Proulx" <samuel.proulx@xxxxxxxxx >