[macvoiceover] Re: Problems with headers in Pages

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 09:23:10 -0700

As a trouble shooting follow up, here’s what happens when I try to work with
page headers in the latest iWork Pages..

Previously I would:
Interact with the document layout area.
VO arrow to the headers group, interact with it.
VO arrow to the center header, interact with the edit text area.
Add Text and edit formatting within the header text area.
That header would nicely stay put on top of the page where it belongs.

Currently when I do the same thing, the text I enter in the header text area
ends up in the body text, and my body text is being read in the header text
area.

So far I have tried:
VO space to make sure I’m in the header.
Mouse click in the header area.
Disable and enable headers.
Confirm cursor tracking.
Quit and restart Pages.
Rrestart my Mac.
Work with an existing document.
Work with a new document.

In working with an existing document that has text in the center header, I was
able to interact and then do a mouse click and then work with the text.

Thanks,

Ian

On Nov 5, 2015, at 2:39 AM, Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

When I last used Pages, the most recent update, I was able to enter text in
the header row, plus as I moved across a row each new column was named, very
helpful, and for the first time I learned to sum up a row or column.

TF

On 5/11/2015, at 5:46 PM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I’m battling the headers function in the latest version of Pages for Mac.
When I interact, I get no option to enter text, and what is read back to me
is the body of the document rather than the blank header section.

Has anyone else noticed a major problem with headers lately? Thanks in
advance for any solutions or work arounds.

Ian