[macvoiceover] Problems with SMTP server settings

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:14:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
I don't write much to the list as I haven't been able to send mail from Apple
Mail since I got my Mac before Christmas but I like it a lot and find the list
helpful.

I have two E-mail accounts I set up in Apple Mail, Yahoo mail and Plus Net
(Plus Net is my Internet Service Provider).  I have them both set up fine but
am unable to send mail.  I have the server names correct, SSL checked or
unchecked depending on the account, the ports seem ok too.  Are there any other
settings I missed or has anyone else had this problem and think they could
help?  I get an error saying the attempt timed out, I forget the wording.

Thanks

Dean