[macvoiceover] Problems burning cd's in iTunes

  • From: Tyler wood <tcwood12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:04:22 -0500

Hi there,

So lately, I just added my music collection to the iTunes library. More on that
later...

So I created a playlist of songs for a friend. I found out that iTunes can burn
multiple audio cd's from one playlist if it needed to, so I decided ok, I'll
shuffle the playlist and burn it.

Well, it got through about 3 of 6 audio cd's. On the fourth one, it decided to
completely lock the drive up. I couldn't eject the cd - it was at the status
where it "finishes" a burn. But it wasn't ejecting the disc, and it completely
locked up the drive, even when I manually closed the iTunes process.

        So then I shut down and restarted, and that helped. I thought I'd try
again, after updating iTunes, thinking that might have been the problem.
Well, this time it ejected the disc, saying there was a problem. I heard the
drive spin down and didn't spin back up, so knew even beforehand. It ejected,
saying that the drive could not recover itself, whatever that meant.
I then tried clicking the retry button. Inserted a new disc and had the same
problem. So instead of retry, I clicked next disc. When I did that, it began
rejecting all the blank cd's I attempted to put in. Finally I gave up.

My question is...what happened? Why did it do that? It seems to happen halfway
point. E.g the playlist will be half burned to 6 audio cd's - so 3 out of 6 it
will have that problem.

I'm honestly stumped.

Now onto my other question...

So I'm subscribed to a few podcasts - blind cool tech and a few others. Is
there a way to download all the epps in a feed? As of now, iTunes downloads the
newest eppisode but not the earlier ones, and I have it set to download all
when it checks for updates every hour. How do you manually check? I've not
found that option yet.

Finally, for a large music collection, what do you guys recommend setting the
view to? Can anyone explain the different views? The only one I saw made a huge
difference was grid view, the other ones are variations on the same, are they
not? Or do I have something wrong there?

Thanks for any feedback and sorry for the long post.
Tyler>