[macvoiceover] Re: Problems Inputting Text

  • From: Portia <portia89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:02:05 -0700

Hi,

If you are using cingle letter navigation, interacting with the edit field works. Thats what I have to do.

Hth,

Portia

On 8/19/2011 1:19 PM, Laura wrote:
Yeah, I agree. With a few minor tweaks, I think it could be awesome, but at the
moment, I find the bugs make it more hassle than it's worth.

On 19 Aug 2011, at 20:53, Suzanne Erb wrote:

Yes.  I'm going to try turning it off.  I think it will be a good feature, once
the bugs are out.
Suzanne
On Aug 19, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Laura wrote:

Are you using single letter navigation? It's been my experience that if you
have that on, you can't type in text fields unless you interact or turn
quicknav off.

Cheers.

Laura

On 19 Aug 2011, at 17:13, Suzanne Erb wrote:

I've encountered the same problem inputing text into form fields.  I haven't
figured out if it's a bug, or if it's me.
Suzanne

On Aug 19, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

I've obviously screwed up some setting. In order to write text in a text input
field, I have to interact with text when I used to just start typing when
sitting on the input area. What did I screw up?

In the same vein, when I want to save a message I used to go to the message tab and press the
letter "m" which took me to "move" but now I have to arrow down to that submenu
and to the  proper folder instead of putting its initial letter. This is a drag.
Thanks,
Judy