[macvoiceover] Re: Problem with Canon scanner and Fine Reader

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:39:46 -0700

Hi Marcy,
Your reference to the v200 is the first one I've seen for a specific
scanner that works with ABBYY fR express without another software. Is
that abbyy program completely vo accessible? Can you press the scan
button, wait a few seconds and hear the text start reading as you can
with the blindness-specific programs? Or do you have to save it off
into a file and then open that file, say a pdf, and read that way?

Mary