[macvoiceover] Porting files from an MBP running Mountain Lion to a Braille Edge 40, how?

  • From: Mark Baxter <markbaxter38@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:54:25 -0800

Long subject line, sorry, but I'm trying to be concise.  I want to port my
writing projects, mostly text and RTF files, over to a Braille Edge 40, from
where they are now on my Macbook Pro15 (2008 model) running the latest kitty.
When I hook it up via USB to the MBP, it automatically goes into terminal mode,
and while that's intriguing, it's not what I need right now.  How do I force
the Edge to appear on my Desktop as a removable storage drive?  It has a 2G SD
card in it, and NO, I don't currently have a separate card reader to
sneaker-net the files that way.  I understand that might be my only option, but
I have gone through about 10 of those Radio Shack mini card reader things--they
break after about three uses, and I currently don't have another one.  So, is
there a way to get the Edge to let me have access to the SD card?
Thanks.

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
 • AIM, Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
 • MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
 • My home page:
 • http://MarkBurningHawk.net/