[macvoiceover] Re: Pauses in contacts

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:34:15 -0400

Hi, Cheryl and everyone!
Following are detailed steps to add pauses, or just a pause, and an extension, for those calls that require them. Hope this helps!

1.
Select the Contact to which you will add the extension.

2.
Click the Edit Button.

3.
Select the telephone number to which you wish to add the extension.  A
virtual Dial Pad will appear and the Insertion point will be placed at the
end of the telephone number Edit Field.

4.
Click the button labeled [+*#] located in the lower left corner of the
virtual Dial Pad.

5.
Click the [Pause] Button, located just to the right of the [+*#] button
described in the previous step.  This will add a comma to the telephone
number Edit Field.

6.
Enter the Contact's telephone extension.

7.
Finally Click the [Done] button to save your changes.

That's all there is to it.
       Good luck!  Marcy
On Aug 4, 2009, at 10:14 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Here's a link; apparently the keyboard layout changes when you take the first step toward doing this; will report more when I actually ry it.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2495/iphone_insert_dialing_pause_into_contact_phone_numbers/

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,