[macvoiceover] Re: Password help!

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ic4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 07:49:16 +0000

If you don't have access to the only administrator account on that machine I
would probably suggest for you to make a backup of all of your information, and
do a clean install of whatever operating system that you want to use. You will
have absolutely no problems to do that, but it's going to be completely
impossible for you to access the administrator account without the password.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 3, 2015, at 9:43 AM, Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

This is possibly an issue nobody on this list has had to face, except
ricardo, he is always the Man to call on when the situation is dire !
You may have to backup all of your data and take the machine to a Mac
Professional to reformat and start again.
If it was easy to log in a new password the machine would have a zero
security value.

TF

On 3/09/2015, at 6:00 pm, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, the account does have a password but i don't know it nor does the person
that gave me this macbook know it either is there a way to set a different
password? i really want to install adobe flash. and if needed update to
yosemity.

On 9/3/2015 12:44 AM, Ian Edwards wrote:
Well then, I had really hope that would work, Then I would look like a
genius. I'll leave an actual solution up to the technical gurus on the
list, I can do some poking around tomorrow if I've got some need to
procrastinate from work.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 2, 2015, at 11:23 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, if there is a password registered then what would i need to do?

On 9/3/2015 12:02 AM, Ian Edwards wrote:
First thing to check is if there is actually a password on the machine.
Try just hitting enter and going from there. If there isn't a password
registered then yes it should work.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 2, 2015, at 9:08 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ok, i am in need of serious help.
I went to install adobe flash player so i could play some videos i wanted
to watch/listen to.
When i got to the install button after clicking on it the user name and
password field came up.
I do not know the password the person who gave me the macbook used for
their account.
I asked them if they remembered their password but they said they can not
remember the password.
My question is this is there a way to recover the password or is there a
way to change the password with out knowing the oridginal password to
boot?
Is there a wayto totally redo the account?
If the above does not work is my only option to update to yosemity?
If so will i be able to just install Yosemity with out knowing the prior
password or will i need to know that to install Yosemity?
Please Help!!!!!!

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface
at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover