[macvoiceover] Re: Password help!

  • From: Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 01:00:56 -0500

Ok, the account does have a password but i don't know it nor does the person that gave me this macbook know it either is there a way to set a different password? i really want to install adobe flash. and if needed update to yosemity.

On 9/3/2015 12:44 AM, Ian Edwards wrote:

Well then, I had really hope that would work, Then I would look like a genius.
I'll leave an actual solution up to the technical gurus on the list, I can do
some poking around tomorrow if I've got some need to procrastinate from work.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 2, 2015, at 11:23 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, if there is a password registered then what would i need to do?

On 9/3/2015 12:02 AM, Ian Edwards wrote:
First thing to check is if there is actually a password on the machine. Try
just hitting enter and going from there. If there isn't a password registered
then yes it should work.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 2, 2015, at 9:08 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, i am in need of serious help.
I went to install adobe flash player so i could play some videos i wanted to
watch/listen to.
When i got to the install button after clicking on it the user name and
password field came up.
I do not know the password the person who gave me the macbook used for their
account.
I asked them if they remembered their password but they said they can not
remember the password.
My question is this is there a way to recover the password or is there a way to
change the password with out knowing the oridginal password to boot?
Is there a wayto totally redo the account?
If the above does not work is my only option to update to yosemity?
If so will i be able to just install Yosemity with out knowing the prior
password or will i need to know that to install Yosemity?
Please Help!!!!!!

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx