[macvoiceover] Re: Passing microphone input through to speakers

  • From: Ray Foret jr <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:24:18 -0600

Actually, Robin, you can get 5.1 channel sound out of your Mac book Pro; at
least, I can.  The thing of it is to connect the output usually marked as the
ear phone jack directly in to your AV receiver.  Do this using a toss link
connector which has at one end the usual toss link connector and at the other
end, the mini 3.5MM plug.  IF you don't have one of those, you can get it from
Amazon.  Now, go in to what ever player you want to hear 5.1  channel sound out
of, and select digital as your playback option.  Note, you will lose the speech
from Voice OVer during actual playback of 5.1 channel sound; so, it's a good
idea to familiarize yourself with your favorite controls and where they are and
how to adjust them before hand.

I never even got that far with a computer in my Windows days.

HTH.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a Mac user!!!