[macvoiceover] Re: PC brain can't compute: external hd again

  • From: JohnyTheHess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:49:07 -0500

Ginny, I don't believ you can copy in to itunes by pasting. It sounds
like you are selecting the files and hearing the correct response to
your copy command. when you press command-c the files are copyed to
your clipboard.  Now you can go to a folder on your external drive and
press command-v and they will be pasted. this may take a wihle and you
will see a dialog with the appropriate information. YOu will have to
interact with it to actually read the status.  NOw, as far as adding
them to your Itunes library you started out correctly. press comand-o
and Zoix!!! I don't have a mac in front of me. I believe you should
see the different file and folder lists and you should be able to
access the files from the external drive. If you highlight the folder
ITunes should be able to sourt out the music from the rest.  If you
get stuck on the dialog write back and when I am infront of a mac Ill
find the exact info for the add to library dialog. someone may chime
in on this with the dialog. THanks.

--
John W. Hess
Senior Associate Evaluation & Training