[macvoiceover] Re: Ot: Any Word Press users out there

  • From: Shaun Jones <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 22:13:26 -0400

Both Ecto and Mars edit allows you to create post. Ecto does static pages wherein Mars Edit only edits post. Taco HTML Editor creates code and validates existing code and allot more.

On Aug 3, 2008, at 9:41 PM, John Hess wrote:

what does ecto do? I am gathering one is for posting info to a blog and the other of course for editing heml.
On Aug 3, 2008, at 9:09 PM, Shaun Jones wrote:

I recommend three applications that will make life easier for you. 1. Taco HTML Editor, 2. Ecto, 3 Mars Edit. HTH and sorry for not providing URL's.
On Aug 3, 2008, at 9:03 PM, John Hess wrote:

I know absolutely nothing about html so did'nt try this. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
On Aug 3, 2008, at 7:27 PM, Mike's Western Account wrote:

did you try inclosing the link with the anchor tags:
give that a try for example:
hth
mike
Now, thanks to twitter, you can see everything i'm doing or thinking, visit
http://www.twitter.com/creepyblindy
and follow me if you have an account;)

On Aug 3, 2008, at 3:08 PM, John Hess wrote:

mike, wonder if you could shed some light on this. I am trying to create a podcast using Cast and that is fine but I want to paste a link from GCAST to my word press blog. When I do this I see the links address but don't see it actually recognized as a link. Also, I am not sure how to actually work the categories in WP. This is an experiment and my reason for doing this is to be able to teach a blogging and podcasting course at some point. I figure I can't teach it unless I can do it first. Also, due to the ability of the students I teach it has to be easy and free. Cast is nice for hosting audio and is very accessible to Vo. How do I take a link from there and ad it to a post so a user can click it and stream or download the Podcast? Really appreciate your taking the time with this and thanks.

On Aug 3, 2008, at 6:59 PM, Mike's Western Account wrote:

I'm a wp user
Now, thanks to twitter, you can see everything i'm doing or thinking, visit
http://www.twitter.com/creepyblindy
and follow me if you have an account;)

On Aug 3, 2008, at 2:55 PM, John Hess wrote:

please contact me off list I would love to ask a few questions. I am using Voiceover and Wor Press is very accessible to Vo. It is laid out in headings and easy to navigate especially using the item chooser list. Great site for blogging.
John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab