[macvoiceover] Re: Oppen Office accessible?

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:09:08 -0500 (EST)

If you were searching on http://download.openoffice.org/ accessibility
may not have been tested out completely.  What to download is a daily
snapshot of the aqua build.  Something else, with openoffice when I
first downloaded it and installed it it wouldn't do much.  Then I hit
the (/) key once and that woke many things up and took me through a
screen where you agree to the license.  If you have a current version of
nvda 2011-3 on windows openoffice is also supposed to work with that
screen reader but I haven't yet tried it since the last version of nvda
I had was way out of date.  The openoffice I do have isn't on any
machine since my Mac Mini died and we got the hard drive out and saved
that but the rest of that computer died.  The only other Mac I have here
now is a powerpc not Intel so I'm running into certain disadvantages
now.