[macvoiceover] Re: Opening and Reading Attachments

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 06:11:12 -0400

Hi Judy and all;

The best way to handle attachments is to save them but you might try looking outside the message text area for an "toggle attachments view" button and seeing if when you go back into the message it helps. usually, if you find an attachment inside a message, if it will open, you can use vo-space to open it.

pdfs are handled by preview if they can be handled at all. I have not seen a pdf that cannot be handled by preview that can be handled by acrobat reader and acrobat reader is not too friendly.

.docx files are openable in text edit but if they go crazy with fancy stuff, it might not translate well.

On Sep 23, 2009, at 6:10 AM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

I'm having a lot of trouble with attachments.

1. Wkhen I'm reading a message the attachments have the word "imbedded" in front of their name, but I can't seem to "land" on the place to open them.

2. Some are .pdf files: Do I have to download some version of acrobat to read these?

3.  Some are .docx files. Can Textedit open these?