[macvoiceover] Re: Ok, I give up!

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 16:59:39 -0400

Alex,

I agree. I so much want this list to be a place for folks to learn the MAC and it has been that way for almost 3 years, but, for the last few weeks it has been a job to do that. The only thing left to do is to moderate this list and at this time, I am strongly leaning that way.

Keith Reedy

On May 27, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Alex de Jong wrote:

I've almost lost interest in this list as it tells me absolutely nothing on
using VoiceOver.  I blame my own laziness as well, but it's very
disheartening.

Alex

On 5/27/08 9:17 PM, "Keith Reedy" <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some times, I can't tell if we are trying to help folks to learn the
MAC, or switch them to windows.

kr

On May 27, 2008, at 3:08 PM, MaryLee Perkins wrote:

Dear VO users,
I have read many posts about people who are using Jaws and Window
Eyes, but no one has talked about System Access, except me. I have
tried it out at length and find it to be much easier to use on a web
page than Jaws. So far  I have not found anything that I can't do
with the free System
Access at satogo.com
The teachers at the TN School for the Blind said that they prefer
System Access, too. You must use IE to launch the System Access, but
once you do, you can use everything on the computer, or everything
that you could use with other Windows screen readers. I much prefer
using my Mac, but if you have to use Windows, this is a good way to
do it. You can start it up from any computer that has broadband
access to the net; don't have to have administrative rights to the
computer. Give it a try.
MLP

Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
below.