[macvoiceover] Re: OT: .ogg on the mac

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:28:35 -0700

Hi Cheryl, I'm talking about individual .asx files, because I have vlc
set to play both .pls and .asx files for those streams that require
windows media player to play, sorry I mentioned the other platform, but
to illustrate, try pasting this url in to vlc, and telling it to play
.asx files, after opening up text edit to save it with an .asx
extension.
mms://200.57.91.182/wmtencoder/xecl.wma
After saving it, and giving it an .asx extention, try telling vlc to
play it, because all the .asx files I tried to play that were streams
wouldn't play with version 1.0.0, so I went back to the previous
version of vlc.

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:49:54 -0500, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Are you talking about .asx playlists or some kind of .asx files? I
have vlc 1.0.0 and it plays .asx playlists just fine--the kind that
has a nurl in it that takes you to the stream.

--

Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,

Marty