[macvoiceover] Re: OT, iPhone,

  • From: Dennis Bartlett <dennis.bartlett1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:03:42 -0400

As far as I understand things, bluetooth on displays will be supported out of the box in Snow Leopard. Only time will tell whether the IPhone will support them. I think it would be necessary especially for those who are Deaf Blind.

On 9-Jun-09, at 12:54 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

There are a number of very good Blue Tooth Braille displays out there that walk with Talx and the Code Factory products. I'd assume that if Apple chose to, they could have worked with these devices right out of the box but we'll see and raise our expectations over time.

cdh
On Jun 9, 2009, at 6:57 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

First, the Iphone has no usb support so that would have to change and second, there is only usb support in leopard so that is out and third, it was not mentioned in any of the litterature on:
http://www.apple.com/accessibility
but this is just the begining.

On Jun 8, 2009, at 11:16 PM, Sara wrote:

Any word on whether or not it works with braille displays?
Sara
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >