[macvoiceover] Re: OT: help with ipod classic

  • From: Olivia Norman <olivianorman@xxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 10:47:57 -0400

I've had a classic for about 3 years now, and use it successfully.  The main
thing I can suggest is to memorize the menu structure, this way you'll know
where things are based on the number of clicks you hear.  I had a sighted
friend walk me through the menu a few times, and once we did that, I was all
set.
If you haven't figured this out yet, I'll see if I can find the document with
the menus and email it to you off list.
I hope you figure the classic out.! Trust me, it's worth it! :)
"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower", Steve Jobs

On May 8, 2010, at 3:19 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> I know this is OT because voiceover doesn't work on the Classic, so if
> somebody wants to write me offlist that's fine. I wanted the classic because
> of its large storage capacity for the price. I had no trouble syncing it but
> i've only gotten it to play something once so far. I know you have to move
> your finger around the outside circle and hit the button in the center to
> select but since there are menus I'm not sure what to do after I hear a click
> and hit select the first time; do I just go for another click and hit select
> again? when I got it to play, I was managing to travel between tracks so
> maybe there's hope. If I can't get it to work I'll take it back but I don't
> want a nano or a shuffle or a touch; I already have an iPhone and an iPad and
> a Stream. But I have a huge Music library and that's why I want to use the
> classic. I can't convert it to rockbox either as the gen6 classic isn't
> supported and since this is brand new from the Apple store I would imagine
> it's a gen
 6.