[macvoiceover] OT: help with external drive

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:54:12 +0100

Hello,
last night my usb hub kept disconnecting itself and telling me that something was pulling too much power on it. I had my external drive, usb headset and iphone plugged in. This usually works fine. So I disconnected the external and reconnected it again and it seemed fine. This morning when I launched my mac, the drive would not show up. I have this particular drive partitioned, one is in Fat-32 and has my data on it, I.e itunes library, all my documents, the other half is my mac back up solution with time machine. I connected my other external hard drive and it showed up fine. So I went to my windows computer and connected the sick HD. My data showed up and works fine. I knew the mac side, as its in mac format, formatted for the time machines back ups would not show. Upon reconnecting the HD to my mac, my data showed up but no mac back up. Now I am unable to eject my data and am desperately wondering what I can do. thanks for any help and sorry this is off topic but I really hope someone can assist me.