[macvoiceover] Re: OT: Outspoken?

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 11:07:50 -0600

Depending on how old the g3 is, you may be able to upgrade it to 10.4 (tiger) which has voiceover in it. We've had success putting voiceover on g3 and g4 models, but it does depend on the hardware of the machine. Apparently, if your model has a firewire port, then that's an indication that the hardware is good enough to execute tiger, in which case you can just install 10.4 on it, and you'll have speech just like all other 10.x systems. As for where to obtain outspoken, I have demos, but no full versions, and since it isn't being sold anymore, and the company isn't the least bit interested in selling the source, those who are interested in continuing use of older machines that need speech are out of luck.