[macvoiceover] Re: OCR that works with VoiceOver

  • From: "John W. Hess" <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:21:14 -0400

Kevin, the two choices are Read iris pro or omnipage. I have read Iris pro and
it can do a good job although on my scanner it is slow. don't know if that has
to do with the drivers or not but it takes a pass to be sure there's a document
and then another passs to do the scan. I have it set up to open text edit and
put the results in there.  Have never tried omnipage for the Mac so can't share
about that.