[macvoiceover] No Ibooks Store in UK apparently.

  • From: Chris McCausland <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: viphone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:59:52 +0100

Hi guys.

It looks like the IBooks Store mightn't be making it to the UK on launch of the
IPad.  According to many sources on the web people are speculating that this
will be the case as unlike the US IPad page on the Apple site, the UK page
makes no mention of IBooks as a feature of the IPad.  Many are saying that this
is most likely due to the legalities of copyright differences and distribution
laws.

If true then this is a big shame as the IBooks Store is the number 1 selling
point for me personally.  I'm sure I'll still pick one up when they are
released but I hope that the IBooks Store doesn't take to long to follow.

It would also explain why the IBooks Store came as a free download for US users
rather than as part of the OS.

Chris.