[macvoiceover] Re: Newbie with questions

  • From: Peter Durieux <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:28:37 +0100

Hi,

You can purchase extra voices.  I don'nt know if ivox supports a german voice.
For more information see http://www.assistiveware.com

About the compairement of voice over and jaws.
You need to keep in mind that that screen reading on a mac works totally
difference then under Windows.
Voice over works for example top down.  First you see a group of elements like
toolbar, if you want to work with the buttons in the toolbar you need to
interact with the toolbar.
If you're done working with, you stop interacting and go on.
It takes some time to get conferatable with this way of working, but when you
get it.  It is fairly simple, effecient and fast.

Hope this helps.

kr

-Peter

Op 15-mrt-2010, om 22:02 heeft Jeronimo Schöber het volgende geschreven: