[macvoiceover] Re: New to the mac and the list

  • From: The BlindTechs Network <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:33:19 -0700

what os are you using?

The BlindTechs Network
www.theblindtechsnetwork.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
623-565-9357 (west phoenix Arizona)
480-297-7569 (East Phoenix Arizona)
562-219-2309 (Los Angeles California)

On Jan 27, 2008, at 3:05 PM, Jessica wrote:

Hello. I am extremely new to the mac. Right now I'm still trying to understand how to make my brain not think windows. Things like going right rather than down to explore web pages and such. Why I have to interact with some items and not others and why sometimes I can just use tab and arrow keys and other times I actually need to use the VO keys.

I'm not asking for answers to these questions as I'm guessing they will just work themselves out with practice, I just wanted to give a brief idea of what a newbie I really am.

My sighted husband is trying to help a little as he's familiar with the opperating system. He's trying to help me make play lists with itunes but he says he needs to find a command for right cllick. Can someone shed a little light on this?

Thanks a lot,
Jess