[macvoiceover] Re: New Wireless TrackPad Works just fine.

  • From: "ashley" <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:57:05 +0100

is the trackpad commander enabled? Hold down ctrl and option and rotate 2
fingers to the right, like turning the roter on the iPhone. Sorry if you've
already tried this;:)
Otherwise, try checking batteries as this is what caused mine to do wierd
stuff...
ash
Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Podcast:
http://www.bavis.co.uk/theactechpodcast
Blog:
http://daysofthegeek.blogspot.com
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
  On 2010-07-31, at 11:30 AM, Dan wrote:

    Hello,
    This is what I did.
    Before receiving the TrackPad, I downloaded the TrackPad manual and read it.
    1. I paired the trackpad to the bluetooth connection.
    2. Went to software updates in the Apple menu.
    3. completed the update and restarted.
    And it all works like a charm.

    Dan
    keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx

    On Jul 31, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Dean Wilcox wrote:

      I got the trackpad update through software updates although I had to go
to Apple menu and software updates to force it to check.

      On 30 Jul 2010, at 15:24, Kristyn Leigh wrote:

        I just got my trackpad this afternoon.  It is working great with my
mini Mac.  The software update did not come through the regular Apple software
updates.  Here is the link to download it:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1066/en_US/MagicTrackpadMultiTouchUpd1.0.dmg

        It is made like the Apple wireless keyboard and is about half the size.
 I really like the two finger swipe right and left to interact and stop
interacting with items.  Of course the two finger tap to stop and continue
reading is a great alternative to the control key.

        Kristyn

        On Jul 30, 2010, at 6:07 PM, Dan wrote:

          Hello All,
          I just received the new wireless Multi Gesture TrackPad and I love
it. It works just like the trackpad in the Mac Books. And it's 80 percent
larger, says the description. It was really easy to set up and install the
necessary drivers through software update.
          So, if you, like me, want one for a Mac desktop, it works just fine.
I suppose that if fore some reason, you need a larger track pad for any of the
MacBooks, it would also work. In fact, there is a setting to ignore any
internal track pads.
          Just thought you might wan to know.
          Dan
          keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx

            Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
below.

16:07:00