[macvoiceover] Re: New Wireless TrackPad Works just fine.

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 22:30:55 -0600

Hi all,

I just received my Magic TrackPad today.  Thanks to the previous emails on this
topic, I had no problems pairing the TrackPad with my iMac.  I am, however,
having troube doing anything with the trackPad.  Is there a film over the pad
that one must remove?  I'm finding that swiping isn't doing anything.  Pressing
down on the trackpad to simulate a mouse click works, but not sure when and how
to use it.  I've read through the manual and saw nothing about removing any
plastic film, but it sure seems like something is preventing my swipes from
working.

Also, I was expecting that using the Magic TrackPad would be similar to using
the touch screen on the iPhone, but it seems very different.

Thanks for any help,

Russell

On 2010-07-31, at 11:30 AM, Dan wrote:

> Hello,
> This is what I did.
> Before receiving the TrackPad, I downloaded the TrackPad manual and read it.
> 1. I paired the trackpad to the bluetooth connection.
> 2. Went to software updates in the Apple menu.
> 3. completed the update and restarted.
> And it all works like a charm.
> Dan
> keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> On Jul 31, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Dean Wilcox wrote:
>
>> I got the trackpad update through software updates although I had to go to
>> Apple menu and software updates to force it to check.
>>

>> On 30 Jul 2010, at 15:24, Kristyn Leigh wrote:
>>
>>> I just got my trackpad this afternoon.  It is working great with my mini
>>> Mac.  The software update did not come through the regular Apple software
>>> updates.  Here is the link to download it: