[macvoiceover] Re: New Member

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:40:23 -0700

Hi Richard, I use to get tapes from a friend of computer folks, long before I had a computer, but the guides at

http://www.icanworkthisthing.com
are very good, especially the section on voice over and applications, and at least on leopard, there is the quick start tutorial with control option command f8, which will take you through an introduction to voice over, plus, there is
http://www.lioncourt.com
and
http://www.screenlessswitchers.com
so those resources should get you started, along with Shane Jackson's podcasts at
http://www.blindworldblog.blogspot.com
so I hope this helps you in your decision to get a mac. I got my mac about 9 months ago, and I'm still doing basic things with it, but I will never look back though at times, I wanted to give up.

On Jun 24, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Richard Ring wrote:

Hell everyone,
I have been using computers for 20 years. However, I have finally decided to get serious about using a Mac. I know that as a Windows user, I probably carry a good deal of bad baggage with me, but I feel that I can certainly learn this system. I will most likely ask you all some rather foolish seeming questions, and having participated on many mailing lists, I know how boring the same questions from new users can be. So, let me ask two questions here that might mean I don’t bother everyone with questions that have been asked and answered many times. First, what is the best source of information about VoiceOver? And, what is the best source of information about the Mac OS itself and some of its underlying functionality?
If any of you have some good ideas here, please write!
Thanks in advance (I’m one of those few people who likes English sentences, so I don’t say things lik tia)