[macvoiceover] My new apple wireless keyboard with iPad

  • From: Cheryl Ann Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:25:44 -0500

Hi all.

FedEx showed up with my new Apple Wireless keyboard a few minutes ago. The
batteries were already in it. i had one of these before which I gave away with
one of my old minis and now i remember that one thing i don't like is that you
can't tell whether it is turned on or off except by typing on it and seeing if
your computer responds. But I suppose that isn't a really big deal.

The keyboard paired with my iPad on the first password try and is working fine.
It's actually more comfortable to use and more compact than the Think Outside
keyboard, although the Think Outside keyboard, when folded up and put in its
case, is fatter but smaller in width and length. Anyway, it's nice to have two
keyboards that work with the iPad.

I took my iPad to church last night and took notes with it; I put an earbud in
it so I could type and hear what I was doing. it worked very well; even when
the screen locked if I hadn't used it for a while, all I had to do was start
typing again. It's so amazing that the keyboard and the iPad fit in a purse, a
good-sized purse but not at all a huge one. I was joking last night about
having to "lug around" my iPad!!! I am so happy with my iPad!!! i can even take
my personal hotspot places with me since it can operate on batteries and use my
iPad, though I still have to watch out for my stupid 5GB limit; i went slightly
over that this month. Someday, when I can reasonably afford it, I may want a 3G
model, but for now, for $130 less and no monthly data plan charge, I am
extremely blessed to have this model. Now I think I'll create my own signature
and make this iPad wholly my own!!! Btw you can copy and paste using the
keyboard.

--

Cheryl

Sent from my iPad>