[macvoiceover] Re: Moving iTunes library and retrieving .mp3 files.

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 04:58:52 -0500

Hi,

when you are in the finder window, press command shift H.  Then arrow down to
music.  Open up the music folder then go to iTunes.  Open up the iTunes folder
then arrow down to iTunes music.  In here you should find all your music
assuming you haven't moved your music to an external drive.  Here you can copy
a song then paste it into another media player if you so choose.  Now let's say
you have moved all of your music to a folder on an external drive.  You would
go into the iTunes program and open preferences and select the advanced tab.
here you will find a button labeled "choose".  VO spacebar on this button and a
dialog box will open where you pick the folder on the external drive to be the
default music folder for iTunes.  Once this has been done, whenever you add
music to your iTunes it will place it in that default folder on your external
drive.

Please feel free to ask more questions if I have confused you more.  lol.    .