[macvoiceover] Re: Moving files

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:23:02 -0400

in the apple script folder provided on your system but you can put it anywhere you like.

On Oct 21, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Dan Eickmeier wrote:

When you download that script, or any apple script forthat matter, where should you put the .scpt file/?
On Oct 21, 2009, at 12:26 AM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Are you using snow leopard? If you are, you don't need anything to run that apple script. Just go to the vo utility, activate the keyboard commander and assign a shortcut to the script. That's exactly what spark does.
This works very well, I use it all the time.
Good luck!!

Ignasi
On Oct 20, 2009, at 11:32 PM, Bryan Smart wrote:

Well, I found this Applescript here that is supposed to help:
http://www.softcon.com/mac/scripts/movefile.scpt

But I can't run this script without another program called Spark.

I downloaded Spark, but it looks like configuration overload, and I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to trigger the script that I downloaded.

Can I just move files somehow with drag and drop? Having to set all this stuff up to just move files seems really overblown. And copying a big folder (like a 100GB music folder) and then deleting the original seems a time consuming waste, since a move would happen instantly, where as a copy could take a very long time.

Has anyone, or can anyone, report this to someone at Apple? Not being able to move files seems like something fundamentally broken with basic accessibility. I've Googled around, and the sighted people in the forums just hold down the command key while dragging files, so moving files is certainly possible, it just isn't any kind of simple to do this if you're blind.

Bryan