[macvoiceover] Re: Moving disk images to applications

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:04:27 -0400

It looks like I was able to move an application to the applications directory, using the instructions below.

Keith

On Mar 30, 2007, at 7:21 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

You don't move disk images to applications if you are talking about .dmg files. You open the disk image. If it's an installer you follow the directions. If it's an app you select the app and then do cmd-c to copy, do cmd-shift-a to go to Applications, and cmd-v to paste. remember that even if the app is the only item when you open the disk image, you still have to make sure it's selected. When you are done, you may also need to go back to the desktop finder window and eject the original app; at least I've had problems with a few packages if I didn't do that.

Hth.

--
Cheryl