[macvoiceover] Re: Moving applications from downloads to applications folder

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:32:41 -0500

copy and paste will move the downloaded file but the downloaded file may actually contain the application. what you want to do is open the downloaded file and see if it has an installer or an app in it. if the latter, copy the app to the applications folder. if the former, run the installer and the application will be installed and you can follow the instructions as it is being installed to read any readme file, accept the license agreement and such.

On Jan 28, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Tim Musson wrote:

Hi I am a new MacBook user as of Monday.

I am getting on with it and VoiceOver very well but I have a question.

When I have downloaded an application how do I then get it from my downloads folder to the application folder? I did just try copy and paste but that didn't work. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Tim