[macvoiceover] Re: Moving Files and Folders

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:39:57 -0500

Hi Joel.

Of course, the ultimate version of this sort of tool would be to make it show
up in that context menu for files in the Finder. Would be great to select a
file or folder, press VO-shift-m, and select "Move To Folder".

Like you, I don't know how this menu works. Don't know if it is as simple as
placing a script or app in to a special location so the Finder can locate it,
or if you must write some sort of plug in.

There has got to be a Finder developer's guide or similar on the ADC site.

Though this benefits VO users, the technical details probably don't belong
here. You can e-mail me off-list or over on the MV-dev list, and we can discuss
further if you'd like.

Bryan