[macvoiceover] Re: Moving Files

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:44:45 -0400

There is an Apple Script that does this very well. I assigned a shortcut for it with the keyboard commander and I use it all the time. I think I got it from www.softcon.com/mac

On Oct 19, 2009, at 10:03 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

the easiest way to do this is through the terminal. otherly, the only way to do it is to copy the files and delete them from the source.

On Oct 19, 2009, at 9:53 AM, Bryan Smart wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm new to the list, and new to the Mac, at least in the OSX generation.

I'm trying to figure out how to move files in the finder from one folder to another. Cut/paste still doesn't work in OSX, just like it didn't when I was using OS8 so many years ago.

I searched around a bit, and found this page:
http://atmac.org/move-files-without-drag-and-drop/

Unfortunately, the tool that the page links to no longer exists, and the page hasn't been updated in about 2 years.

Is this tool the appropriate way to move files? Does someone have this tool, or could direct me to a current place to download it?

Perhaps I should spend time learning how to resize windows and drag/ drop in order to accomplish this task, but that seems like way too many keystrokes for such a simple task. Is that just how things work on the Mac?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bryan