[macvoiceover] Re: Mountain Lion installed

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:45:09 -0700

Hello,
Dictation works like it does on the iOS devices. It uses serie.
To activate you go to system prefs and select dictation.
Then just follow the prompts.
The first time you press the FN key twice to start dictation, you will need to
answer if you want the command to tell you what its's doing. I just unchecked
this item.
To dictate.
For example in test edit.
After you have opened a new document, press the FN key twice.
2. you will hear a little bink like in iOS.
3. Just start dictation.
4. When done, press the FN key again and you will hear another   bink and Serie
will tell you that is thinksing.
Then your dictated text will appear in text edit.
I hope this slapped together message helps someone.