[macvoiceover] Re: Mountain Lion.

  • From: Ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:32:14 +0000

Regarding getting a new computer, apparently according to many who have tested and torn down the developer preview, many of the older macs (including the mid 2007 macmini 2,1 and some of the earlier iMacs/macbook pro models) will not be able to run mountain lion. Seems to be all the computers that have a gma x3100 or intel 950 graphics chip

On 18/02/2012 12:34, Cheryl Ann Homiak wrote:
Keith, I kind of feel the same way. I encouraged Carla to go ahead and upgrade when she had the opportunity to use high speed Internet without a download limit and I would have maybe told her to wait if I had realized something new was coming out so soon. I've actually somehow escaped most of the problems people have had with Lion and I have no idea how; I'm not even using the combo updater or anything so it's not any precautions I've taken. But the time between new wild animals does seem a bit short. Plus if they up the memory requirements any more I'm out of the upgrade game until I can get a new computer which isn't going to happen for a while as far as I can tell.