[macvoiceover] Re: More on spell checking

  • From: Richie Gardenhire <rhire1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:09:10 -0900

In Snow Leopard, can you use the Spell Check program on the fly? In other words, can you stop where you are in a text document, for example, Mail? Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska. PS I don't have Snow Leopard, as yet, but plan to get it some time soon.

On Feb 25, 2010, at 11:18 PM, Bryan Smart wrote:

I never got around to figuring out how the spell-check-anywhere feature worked, so thanks to those of you that posted about it.

However, in TextEdit, it doesn't seem to work at all.

I opened a new document, and typed:

This is a terst of the computor.

When I pressed command-; VoiceOver says "check document now", but nothing happens.

I tried pressing command-shift-; for the spelling and grammar dialog, but the text field where the word should be, and the suggestions list, are both blank.

I tried command-; and command-shift-; in other places, like Pages and Adium, and they worked fine. Not sure what is wrong with TextEdit.

Any ideas?

Bryan