[macvoiceover] Re: More on Losing Focus

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 08:58:19 -0700

Hi all, I was told by a friend, that after updating to leopard 10.5.7,
that it wouldn't be a good idea to use onyx, because some maintinance
programs don't take in to account the variables of the updates, but I
had run repair permissions, with no problem, but my friend said he'd
run onyx on his system, and see if things would be okay.  It does take
a bit of setting up to run onyx, so my friend sent me his p-list file,
which I installed in my prefferences folder before running onyx in
automation mode.
On Thu, 28 May 2009 16:23:22 +0100, Marie Howarth wrote:

do you use Onyx? it cleans up the drive as well as does repair
permissions. i love it and it works pretty good. Keeping my mac
running smoothly.

On May 28, 2009, at 4:21 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So, I ftried a repair permisssions and, after reading and deleting a
> message in Mail this morning, I found myself about 25 messages
> higher in the list on an email I received back in April.
>
> I understand why a GNU/Linux/UNIX/BSD/Mach/etc. system might
> struggle when there is too little free space on a hard disk as its
> swap file might outgrow the available space and things then tend to
> get pretty weird.  I did the repair permissions and I cannot,
> though, figure out what permissions might have to do with losing
> focus in an application.
>
> I also downloaded and installed the update that arrived in a
> dialogue on my Mac when I started using it this morning.  I have
> restarted a few times since then.
>

> While I remain a big fan of the Macs in our house, this problem with
> focus is really starting to take a toll on productivity.
>
> Any more ideas short of  human sacrifice will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Happy Hacking,
> cdh

>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
>> below.

>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
>> Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Marty